Sunday, January 22, 2012

In My Mailbox (January 22nd, 2012)

In My Mailbox is a lovely meme for book voyeurs hosted by The Story Siren

This is my first IMM of 2012 and I actually do have quite a few books that need to be shown - but due to the nature of, well, my life, I only have one photo! They rest of my books are off in countries where I am currently not.


For review:
Bought:
  • Eona by Alison Goodman - I haven't actually read Eon yet, nor do I even own it. But I have heard so many fantastic things about this duology that I am convinced I will enjoy them both.

 
 

Also for review:


  

Bought:
  • Angelfall by Susan Ee - Alert the media: this is a self-published novel that I purchased on my own volition. I am stunned by myself - but I read fantastic reviews of this book and am convinced that it will be brilliant.
  • Hana by Lauren Oliver - This Delirium novella had be quite excited when I first heard about it... but then I read quite a few disappointing reviews for it. Oh well.
  • Daughter of the Flames by Zoe Marriott
  • Genus by Jonathan Trigell
  • A subscription to Lightspeed Magazine - I had been reading the free Lightspeed stories online, but decided that I should just go ahead and subscribe to the Kindle version of the magazine... especially now that it contains both Fantasy and Lightspeed stories. It's a fantastic mag, and if you want to read some unexpected, unusual stories I would highly recommend it!
And.... the signed book:

  • The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - SQUEE! I was so epically disappointed when Maggie did her first UK tour while I was not there.... but luckily, Foyles saved me a signed copy. Because they are awesome like that.
*wipes brow* I'm pretty sure that's it - when you put off posting your IMM posts for a month, things start to pile up!

10 comments:

  1. Great mailbox. I have already pre-ordered my copy of Pandemonium and can't wait to get it. I am curious about Tiger's Voyage mainly because I read the first two. I hate to leave a series unfinished. I'm thinking about Angelfall too but haven't bought it yet.

    My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading both "Eon" and "Eona." I keep seeing them online, and at the bookstore, but money's been so tight for me recently that I haven't been able to go and get myself copies. Soon, though. They're pretty high up there on my wishlist!

    I also got a review copy of the The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year. Definitely looking forward to reading that one!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read Crossed. I see you got Eona, it seems to be very popular, I should try the series.

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first Haunting Emma novel is 'Deception'. I didn't expect to but ended up loving it.

    Once Upon A Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow. I love that cover of Revolution. Furthermore, EEEEP! I need a signed Scorpio Races as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallowed and Fracture both sounds great! Hope you enjoy them!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oliver Twisted looks fun! Great Haul. Happy Reading!


    Here's mine: (((IMM)))

    Katrina
    Kindred Dreamheart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! So cool that you got Eona. I'm hoping to read it soon.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh Great haul! Angelfall is really awesome I hope you love it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, great haul! Loved Fracture! I really want to read like every other book in your IMM :P.

    Enjoy! New follower :)

    Meghan at Books and a Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...