Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - Salvation by Anne Osterlund

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that are being eagerly anticipated.

Salvation by Anne Osterlund
Contemp YA - January 10th 2013 by Penguin Young Readers Group - Goodreads

A smart, unexpected romance from an award-winning author.

Salvador Resendez--Salva to his friends--appears to have it all. His Mexican immigrant family has high expectations, and Salva intends to fulfill them. He's student body president, quarterback of the football team, and has a near-perfect GPA. Everyone loves him.

Especially Beth Courant, AKA the walking disaster area. Dreamy and shy, Beth is used to blending into the background. But she's also smart, and she has serious plans for her future.

Popular guy and bookish girl--the two have almost nothing in common. Until fate throws them together and the attraction is irresistible. Soon Beth is pushing Salva to set his sights higher than ever--because she knows he has more to offer, more than even he realizes.

Then tragedy strikes--and threatens to destroy everything that Salva has worked for. Will Beth's love be enough to save him?

Thoughtful and romantic, this is a beautifully written story about following your heart and fulfilling your potential.

Anne's description of this book is pretty brilliant, take a look:
If I wanted to be cheesy, I could pitch it as “Perfect Chemistry meets Romeo & Juliet;” but then you’d assume you know the end. And you don’t.
Seeing as how I loved the Perfect Chemistry trilogy and I LOVED Anne's Academy 7, I am pretty sure that Salvation is going to be a treat.

7 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before so thank you for selecting it! I'm not sure if I'll read it or not but thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this one sounds really good and emotional too. Great pick..


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this one, but it sounds good. Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Perfect Chemistry, and if this is anywhere near that one, I will definitely put it on my list. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks really great. I hope it isn't too sappy, though. I don't really like sappy. But I will have to give it a try.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Anne Osterlund had a new book coming out!!!! SQUEEE!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...